For part four of our team interviews, allow us to introduce you to our Events Manager, Deborah Simmons!
We get to know so much about you, and you get acquainted to us through our food. It's only fair that we introduce the passionate team behind our Bistro to you.
Debs has been working with us for just over five years - absolutely killing it in her role of Events Manager! It's taken a while to find a free spare minute with her, as wedding season has been crazy at The Carriage Hall, but we managed it.
1. What do you do and how long have you worked at Perkins?
I am the Events Manager and have been with the company for just over 5 years now.
2. What’s your favourite thing about working at Perkins?
I love our wonderful team, and also meeting the customer and getting to know them/having a catch up.
3. What is your favourite song and why?
Otis Redding ‘That’s how strong my love is’ or anything by Stevie Wonder. He’s just an absolute legend!
4. What’s your favourite dish on the Perkins menu?
My favourite dish at the moment is the herb crusted swordfish with nicoise salad, but I’m also a big fan of the steaks and our home smoked salmon.
5. What three events on the calendar for this year should people look forward to at Perkins?
The Taste The Season evenings are always fantastic, and I am really looking forward to seeing what our Aussie Chef Jason will be creating for the Australia Gastronomic night. But for me, it’s all about Christmas at Perkins!
6. Name a restaurant or bar in and around Nottingham that you love to go to!
I like a good evening out in West Bridgford, so food at Escabeche of course! I really enjoy drinks at The Botanist as well - the atmosphere is always good and the bar staff are very knowledgeable and happy to chat.
7. What’s your dish to cook at home for friends & family?
I eat a lot of fish at home, but love cooking a hearty beef stew in the winter with a nice glass of red wine.
8. What advice would you give to someone who wants to join the Perkins Family?
Be prepared to work really hard, and enjoy it! We spend so much time with each other we really are a family.